Friday, November 30, 2012

Candy Cane Hearts


Here is another fun and easy Christmas treat to make with the kids.  I showed you last Valentine's Day how to make these Candy Cane Hearts with left overs from Christmas.

What you will need:

  • Candy Canes (unwrapped)
  • White and Milk Chocolate
  • Decorating sprinkles
  • Baking paper


storyboard009


storyboard010


Method

  1. Unwrap your candy canes and place them in the shape of a heart on baking or wax paper.
  2. Melt chocolate in microwave or using the double boiler method.  
  3. Spoon melted chocolate into the centre of the heart.  Using the spoon carefully push the melted chocolate into the corners of the heart.
  4. Decorate with christmas sprinkles and allow to set.


storyboard011

My kids absolutely love to make these with me.  Their favourite part is eating them!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a little comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. xx