Thursday, June 17, 2010

Pottering around the house

This past weekend was a very civilised long weekend for us good folk here in Australia. The extra day of rest gave me such much valued time and I just pottered around the house moving things and making the house look pretty.

A few weeks back I was lucky enough to have a an early viewing of Judy's designer garage sale. (One could hardly call it a garage sale) I picked up some fab bargains including a pair of these etched hurricanes that Judy used at her recent wedding.

IMG_0578

I thought the vessel would work nicely as a vase as well as hurricane. I'm pretty sure I prefer the arrangement in lounge room. How about you, which do you prefer? Lounge or family room?

IMG_0580

IMG_0583

IMG_0585

flowers 1


10 comments:

  1. your home is one of my favorites!! just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty hurricane vase. Love the fluffy hydrangeas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Sharnel - it looks beautiful on your coffee table, full of hydrangeas. Although I don't think there's anywhere in that beautiful home of yours where it would look out of place! K xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...Wow...they look great in both places...stunning home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely find - it looks great everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the photography on your site! Especially the pictures at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, it looks lovely anywhere you place it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They do look gorgeous on the Dining Table, they look absolutely perfect in the lounge room...I do however think they would look best in my home hehe! OR I could just move in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have such a lovely home! I think the flowers look best in the first photo, the blue fabric really makes the bluey-purple of the flowers pop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way too hard to choose Sharnel - your divine vase looks beautiful in both of your incredible rooms! Leigh

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a little comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. xx